[lbo-talk] Elizebath Warren

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Sep 17 10:47:25 PDT 2009

Here is an hour long lecture by Elizabeth Warren who is now the chairwoman of the Congressional Oversight Panel for TARRP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Uk-DwUvJw

The date is March 2007. If you want the charts which are stunning go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akVL7QY0S8A

Her name has come up on lbo several time. I remember seeing her before in a panel discussion on Charlie Rose last spring. She also introduced a report in August 2009 for congress.

In the background above in the UCB interview at the very end of the interview she helped get a Clinton veto by talking to Hilary Clinton in 2000. A similar bill of course came up again in 2005 and was passed. Senator Clinton voted for it in one round, and was absent in the next vote. I think this was the same bill that Phil Gramm was in on.

Anyway. According to the lbo archives Doug has interviewed her before. I was thinking it would be great to hear from her again and try to get an update.

The questions I want know is since there has been no formal regulation of the banks, what kind of regulation would she like to see. Whether or not she sees any way to avoid yet another collapse and whether or not she thinks the Obama administration has been making any of the moves necessary to turn around the tremendous `pressure cooker' on the middle class she has researched.

CG