[lbo-talk] Signs of the times

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 21:13:20 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 6:03 PM, <RicardoStarkey at aol.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 9/16/2009 4:57:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight  Time,
> lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com writes:
>

> "[Y]ou have to admit that there is something completely deranged  ab[o]ut
> converting from Catholicism, with its 2000 years of intellectual  tradition,
> to the gutter religion of Mormonism."
>

> I was raised in the  completely nutty religion of Mormonism, and never
> really bought into it.   Before I was out of my teens, I had decided that I was
> an agnostic, which  turned into an atheist in college, but I'm intrigued by
> this reference to  Mormonism as a "gutter religion."  I love to hear
> negative things about  religion in general, and about Mormonism in particular, so
> I'd appreciate  it if you'd expand on this idea at least a little.

I have posted this link before. Leftist Mormon blog, quite good and interesting.

http://themormonworker.wordpress.com/

And I think it a little unfair to pick on Mormonism as any more nutty than Catholicism. Simply because of age?

The PBS special series on the Mormon church was quite interesting. Dispelled some of my overgeneralizing stereotypes. And yes, they have intellectuals. JWs though do not.

Sheldon -- http://left-wingwacko.blogspot.com/