[lbo-talk] Signs of the times

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Thu Sep 17 22:30:02 PDT 2009

There is also the work by Ernst Bloch, who is pretty strongly anti-pauline, particularly his Atheism in Christianity (just reprinted by Verso) as well as his as of yet Untranslated work Thomas Muntzer as Theologian of the Revolution (part of Lukacs' History and Class Consciousness is in conversation with that volume) My personal feeling is that the radical kernel of Christianity is to be found in its heretical trace, found in various sects, who are tied to a very small amount of famous names (Muntzer, Huss, Winstanley come to mind) but only very rarely enter into the official records (I have the same affection for Francis of Assisi as Hardt and Negri) robert wood