[lbo-talk] Baucus health plan

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Sep 17 22:51:07 PDT 2009

At 01:18 AM 9/18/2009, SA wrote:

>Yup:
>
>http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=2922
>
>>Consider an illustrative family of three in which the father earns
>>$35,000 from a small retailer and the mother earns $11,000 as a part-time
>>sales clerk. Neither receives health care through his or her employer.
>>The couple has a daughter in second grade at the local public school. The
>>couple has avoided accruing credit card debt but has no life insurance or
>>retirement savings. After paying basic expenses, [6] this family would
>>have a little less than $650 a month to cover any costs for clothes or
>>shoes, car repairs or maintenance, household expenses, restaurant meals,
>>and any hobbies or activities — and all of the family's health expenses.
>>Under the Baucus plan, this family could pay $400 — 62 percent of the
>>remaining monthly amount — just to cover the cost of premiums before
>>taking deductibles and co-payments into account.
>
>And that's from a think tank that's totally in the tank for Obama-care.
>
>SA

oh for christ sake SA. thanks for making me look. I have been avoiding looking at this trainwreck because i knew that it would make me angrier than swarm of bees trapped in a jam jar! I'd like to spit hot nails out of my eyeballs!

i was just counting on y'all to look and then discuss so I wouldn't have to actually look and then get so pissed off at the utter insanity of it all.

I was pissed last week, before vaca, and I wrote a nasty jab at all these bloggers I knew -- feminist women of color who'd supported obama and would blab on about how he was an advance over Clinton, telling everyone it had nothing to do with race, yadda yadda yadda. They'd go on about how much more progressive he was than Clinton. And I'd just read them and my eyes would glaze over, exhibiting all the signs of crambe reptitia.

I hope those women are now ashamed of themselves for such foolishness.

and that is my polite response.