[lbo-talk] Baucus health plan

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 23:16:09 PDT 2009

shag carpet bomb wrote:

> oh for christ sake SA. thanks for making me look.

The truth hurts, shag.

> I hope those women are now ashamed of themselves for such foolishness.

I agree with all this, of course. But I did want to say - after reading you and Dennis P. rail about Kos - that while some of these blog liberals are hucksters, like Kos by all appearances, others are sincere liberals with social-democratic instincts who are groping for a way of understanding what's going around them. They could learn a lot from people more radical than them. Rather than shit on them, I wish "we" could find a way to talk to them like they're not the enemy just because these people couldn't find their Aufhebung if it were attached to their Grundrisse.

I don't read it regularly, but my impression is that the people at the blog Firedoglake are in this category. They're certainly not at what Lenin would call a high cultural level, but they seem like liberals who've been mugged by the Democratic Party and are trying to figure out what to do about it. Sometimes I feel like those of us who think of themselves as radicals-not-liberals end up ghettoizing themselves out of horror at what lurks out there beyond Marxland.

(Shag, I know you hang out at GI coffeehouses and the like, so this doesn't apply to you.)

SA