[lbo-talk] alternatives to GDP

Chuck Loucks lbo at hvgreens.org
Fri Sep 18 08:27:09 PDT 2009

Jeffrey,

This is something I have believed for some time; I've suspected that the French live better lives than Americans do since they get more enjoyment out of every Euro than Americans out of the Dollar equivilent. The American economy is structured to really stress people out; the high sack volume that takes place is probably one of the most egregious examples of this. In America, like it or not, the culture is "Live-to-Work" whereas in Europe, it tends to be "Work-to-Live". People in this country are emotionally teathered to their jobs; and when they lose their job, they feel like their purpose in life has been terminated. We're so stuck-up and arrogant with "USA #1" we don't even realize how badly we're being screwed by our political leadership.

Chuck Loucks

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey Fisher" <jeff.jfisher at gmail.com> To: "lobstahzz" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:31 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] alternatives to GDP