[lbo-talk] Economic determinism

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Sep 23 09:34:30 PDT 2009

On Wed, September 23, 2009 5:06 am, Marv Gandall wrote:

> I'm not a libertarian.

I never said you were! I've been scratching my head since last October about how the notion of "letting them fail" might be a pathway to a Leftwing position, but haven't succeeded. Maybe it could provide a jumping-off point for a conversation about the ways US capitalism is a catastrophic economic, geopolitical and human failure, even in relation to other (Euro/Asian/developmental-state) capitalisms.

> An
> administration willing to confront the discredited Republicans and Wall
> Street could have closed
> down the insolvent banks and restructured the industry,

Very true.

-- DRR