[lbo-talk] Ralph gives up on democracy, embraces enlightened plutocrats

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Sep 23 16:56:30 PDT 2009

woah. did you read to the end though? at the end, he's calling for a mass movement. he's basically saying you need massive power, and that power is not in the barrel of a gun, but in the green of a buck, many billions of them. use that to fire up the thing -- the organizational infrastructure, the media power to attract attention and people, etc. -- and all of it to spur the growth of the mass movement that will then make the government back down.

huh. it's not as awful as it would seem. sounds kind of intriguing, actually. he's saying what some of us say about the left: that it's afraid of power. that it valorizes a world in which the powerful are corrupt and the powerless are pure precisely because they do not have any power at all.