[lbo-talk] Ralph gives up on democracy, embraces enlightened plutocrats

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Sep 23 17:01:15 PDT 2009

At 09:09 AM 9/23/2009, Doug Henwood wrote:
> And
>it's going to take a reversal of the insurance industry. It's Peter
>Lewis. It's going to take dealing with deficits and subsidies and
>organizing the veteran and veteran groups and the women's clubs around
>the country. Ross Perot. It's going to take a real coordination and
>putting in a lot of money. That's what they all represented. Bill
>Cosby is one of them. Phil Donahue is one of them. Yoko Ono is one of
>them. William Gates, Sr., Leonard Riggio, Bernard Rapoport. These and
>others get together, and it all happens in one year, 2006.

wait! refresh my memory. isn't this what marx says will happen? only ralphie has it backwards. the crises of capitalism will split the world open and some capitalists will come over to the side of the workers, putting their money where their mouths are and funding the revo?

yes? no? i vaguely recall that this was in 18th brumaire. or sumthing?

shag