[lbo-talk] We Live in Public

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 24 11:04:17 PDT 2009

I don't think I get this. How is this different from performance art projects that have been going since long before the internet, except that it's less interesting?

http://www.weliveinpublicthemovie.com/

We Live In Public is the story of the internet's revolutionary impact on human interaction as told through the incredible and tumultuous life story of internet pioneer and visionary Josh Harris. Both a visionary and a walking cautionary tale, Harris proved how in the not-so-distant future of life online, we willingly trade our privacy for the connection and recognition we all deeply desire. Through his experiments, including a six-month stint living under 24-hour live surveillance online which led him to mental collapse, he demonstrated the price we may well pay for living in public. (USA, 2009)