[lbo-talk] WBAI elections -- Mitchel's selections: Who to Vote For

Mitchel Cohen mitchelcohen at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 24 23:00:37 PDT 2009

Hi,

A number of people have asked me for my suggestions for how to vote in the WBAI (99.5 FM) Local Station Board election, which is happening for the next few weeks. Ballots must be returned and received by the station's post box by October 15th.

All 14,000+ WBAI/Pacifica members are entitled to vote. A "member" is defined as someone who has contributed at least $25 to the station in the past year, or who has done at least 3 hours of volunteer work at the station in that same period. If you fall into this category but have NOT received a ballot and the mailings of various groups of candidates, that means that something is wrong and you should email election at wbai.org immediately; please include your name and mailing address, and cc me as well as it appears that hundreds of people have not received ballots.

So, these are my preferred candidates and the order in which to vote for them. If you'd like me to discuss the very important issues involved, feel free to write to me directly. You can also read more about the issues at www.takeforwardWBAI.org .

Finally, please make sure to rank ALL of these candidates, with #1 being your favorite, #2 your second choice, and so forth. It is very important that all of these be ranked. Here goes:

#1 Mitchel Cohen

#2 Alex Steinberg

#3 Austin Kelley

#4 Elizabeth Brown