[lbo-talk] We Live in Public

mart media314159 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 05:12:01 PDT 2009

i dont know what this thread is about, but if its idealizing face to face small town relationships, one can remember alot of that can be a soap opera, or something like pareto's law---80% spend time gossiping about 20% (and it might not be worth the effort, though may be neccesary due to the 'principle of least effort' or action, which operates in an irrationally curved space.  this leads to thinking about the relation between kinds of numbers and space---eg spengler---which people still write about, or noncommutative geometry. )

From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] We Live in Public To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Friday, September 25, 2009, 7:21 AM

On Sep 25, 2009, at 1:55 AM, Joanna wrote:

> No, there is a diff. The public life of a small village also contains intimate and actual human relationships, as opposed to web relationships, which take place in a virtual and far more mental space.

Except that we've met and hung out many times, which probably wouldn't have happened in a pre-internet world.