[lbo-talk] fighting over a gag order

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 25 11:02:12 PDT 2009

How much (very roughly) per annum do MA enrollees pay in the way of premiums, co pays and deductibles? How affordable and popular are these plans for other than the poorest seniors lacking any savings?

Far from the US adopting single payer, I can see the US serving as a model for the further erosion of single payer in Canada and other countries - already under pressure from multinational private providers and insurers - so I'm also interested in what emerges from that perspective. We aren't currently covered for dental or vision care, though Quebec covers drugs. But I can see this extra coverage, if it is not out of reach for other than the lowest-paid workers and unemployed, being easily sold to all Canadians as a top up which would deflect demands for inclusion of these and other improvements to our existing federally-supported provincial plans.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Rickling" <mrickling at gmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 1:12 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] fighting over a gag order