[lbo-talk] We Live in Public

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Sep 26 16:46:56 PDT 2009

Internet vs actual world: I wrote on the topic solely in response to the Live in Public topic which was about somebody who lived "on the net"...somebody else said that's no diff from living in a small village, and I disagreed saying that in a small village you actually, physically, synchronously interact with people; on the net you don't. That's why living in public in a small village is not as crazy making as "living in public" on the net....and with no other relationships.

A small point. I wasn't trying to put down the net; I was just pointing to some differences.

Joanna