[lbo-talk] Signs of the times

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 02:06:13 PDT 2009

Gorbachev was mightily opposed to the dissolution of the Soviet Union. As was the governmenr of the United States. I can't say about Reagan personally, as he wasn't president in 1991, but G. H.W. Bush gave a famous "don't break up the USSR" speech in Ukraine. From the POV of Wsahington, dealing with 12 nuclear-armed unstable powers is not preferable to dealing with one nuclear-armed stable power.