[lbo-talk] Polanski

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Sep 30 07:11:07 PDT 2009

> Tyson was arrested in July 1991 for the rape of 18-year-old Desiree
> Washington, Miss Black Rhode Island, in an Indianapolis hotel room...

My godfather, the man I'm named after, was one of Tyson's attorneys, though how far down the line he was from more celebrated names I've no idea.

When Tyson got out, I wrote a joke about it for Bill Maher:

"Mike Tyson was released from prison this week after serving a sentence for rape. Tyson says he's now a Muslim, and is weighing two career options: he's either gonna fight Riddick Bowe, or kill Salman Rushdie."

This got a nice mix of laughter and offended moans. My kind of audience.

Dennis