[lbo-talk] polonski

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 30 07:36:21 PDT 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 10:27 AM, JC Helary wrote:

> Currently, the affair serves exactly one and only one purpose:
> divert the attention of the stunned masses from more urgent and
> important issues.

Do you think the arrest was timed to do that? Or does shit just happen and the system processes things to work that way. Because there's never any shortage of such material in American life - the details may vary from week to week, even if the structure remains the same.

Still, Americans are very easily distractible. They really don't care much about politics, I'm sorry to say. They'd much rather follow LiLo or whatever the flavor of the week is. Mark Sanford was fun, but that was sex and lying more than politics.