[lbo-talk] Polanski

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:40:16 PDT 2009

Doug wrote:

Exactly. I won't deny I love gossip and scandal but what makes all this politically interesting is the way the cultural elite - a phrase whose use Shane Mage says shows I'm already O'Reilly-ized, and if so, fuck it - has united to defend its own. As a friend who browses the archives wrote me this morning, shocked by the defenses of RP, "what if it had been Cheney?" We know what the reaction to that would have been - gleeful calls for his heads, both little and big.

Horus' wings!

This is almost precisely what I wrote yesterday:

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20090928/013615.html>

Not only did it receive less play than a showered, well dressed guy at Burning Man, it's presented as a new! observation!

Ah well, sooner or later, your audience fades away leaving only memories and bottles of ginger beer to keep you warm.

.d.