[lbo-talk] Polanski

JC Helary brandelune at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:45:07 PDT 2009

On 1 oct. 2009, at 07:23, Doug Henwood wrote:

> As a friend who browses the archives wrote me this morning, shocked
> by the defenses of RP, "what if it had been Cheney?" We know what
> the reaction to that would have been - gleeful calls for his heads,
> both little and big.

Cheney proved way beyond doubt that he is a danger for society, like "the whole entire world". If putting him to jail forever can be done by proving he stole chocolate bars when he was 5 I'd go for it without a shadow of doubt.

That's the thing about "justice". Is it just about procedures, that can be modified anytime by political will, or about evaluating the capacity of one individual to change and not repeat offenses ?

If your friend can't see the difference between what Cheney did to the world and what Polansky did, then you need to tell him.

Jean-Christophe Helary