[lbo-talk] Let's All Argue About Nuclear Power!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 11:02:36 PDT 2010

You mean sort of how I can expect that in the future we will have faster than light spaceships?

----- Original Message ---- From: Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com>

[WS:]  It seems that this fear of nuclear energy is in a large part due to a 'telescoping' view of history , meaning that distant events are seen as close as one in closer proximity.  The fact that radioactive waste remains radioactive for long time periods does not mean that we have to plan for the entire period of their radioactivity.  We can safely assume that at some future point technology will be developed to deal with that radioactivity more effectively that is technologically possible today.