[lbo-talk] Demographic composition of the Tea Party

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Apr 7 07:55:07 PDT 2010

>> I just don't
>> understand why we should shoehorn people into one of the two
>> capitalist
>> parties.
>
> You think independents aren't pro-capitalist?
> Doug
> It might be that they are to the right of the Republicans
on certain issues (race, gender, state fiscal policy) and that they are to the left of the party on others (corporations, finance)

are you high brad? because "to the left" on corporations and finance, from tea partiers or independents and just about everyone who would never call themselves "left" anything is invariably NOT a left analysis of corporations and finance. it's 99.99999% of the time a retrograde analysis that idealizes smallness against bigness, the independent proprietor against the big bad business, the savings and loans against banks.

at root it is always the idea that bigness is what corrupts and, that it's all just one big mistake: corporations and finance aren't a problem at their core, there are institutions that have merely become corrupt because a few bad people have fucked it up and we haven't been vigilant enough to keep it from happening. That self-blame, that blame-it-on-individuals attitude toward corporations and finance? it isn't leftist and never will be.

There's no fucking there, there. Give it the fuck up. Spend your energies on freakin people who matter. It's not these ratfuckers that's for sure.

Do you, in Canada, hang around these people? I listen to them every day at work. There's not one thing about them that has the faintest whiff of left anything. There's zippo there to work with. These people are rabid haters of anything that smacks of rightwing democrat and to the left of them.

I'd sooner hang out with conspiracy theorists and have hope for their eventual enlightenment than expect a tea partier to see the light.

i can't even fucking believe people on this list want to waste their time "reaching out" to these people.

can I just say, I HATE this latest phrase endemic to the business world: "i'm reaching out to you." "See if you can reach out to the lead developer down in Division HankaPanka about their new mobile application."

ban it from the language, along with utilize! and "moving forward" which has morphed into "pushing forward" and "going forward" and "looking forward" etc etc. pushing the envelope out of the box needs to go now too. please?

thank you. :)

shag -- http://cleandraws.com Wear Clean Draws ('coz there's 5 million ways to kill a CEO)