[lbo-talk] Money and s*x

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 09:51:34 PDT 2010

Matthias asks 'Incidentally: I understand that there have been attempts to integrate domestic production into Marx's overall framework, but I wouldn't know the successful attempts from the failures. Anyone in particular I should read?'

The most consistent with Marxism (in my opinion) are

Smith, P., 'Domestic labour and Marx's theory of value', in Feminism and materialism: women and modes of production

By Annette Kuhn, AnnMarie Wolpe, 1978

and

Adamson, Olivia, Brown, Carol, Harrison, Judith, and Price, Judy, 1976 'Women's Oppression Under Capitalism' Revolutionary Communist No. 5

and particularly good is Stephanie Coontz, The Social Origins of Private Live, Verso