[lbo-talk] money and s*x

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Apr 7 19:11:02 PDT 2010

Ted wrote:

"These assumptions underpin an idea of ideal human relations, including ideal sexual relations, as relations of "mutual recognition."

It's on this basis that he points to the relation between men and women as an index of the extent to which "freedom" has been actualized in human relations"

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. One reason I love Marx and think him deep.

There was an English poet, John Donne, whose poetry/philosophy is almost entirely anchored in this idea. Try "The Sunrising" or any of his valedictions.

Where could we find two better hemispheres?

Without sharp North, without declining West?

A language note: there was a time in the prehistory of english when the word for "truth" and the word for "troth" were merged into one. Something like "treouthe."

Joanna