[lbo-talk] "Merely Cultural" Dept.: 20 NEW bands from the past decade you like?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 05:25:31 PDT 2010

Disqualified from the get-go: Old bands that released new material in the past 10 years. That is, Wire, etc., who came out with solid releases, but who nonetheless did not begin n the past decade.

I mean NEW bands whose members in whatever capacity - NOT old bands who came back with new releases last decade (like Wire oo Killing Joke). We're talking NEW bands within the last 10 years, folks.

Someone suggested this to me as an exercise to see if one had fallen into a nostalgia/"things were better back in the days"-type time warp. You know, avoiding getting trapped in a musical oubliette the way one'sparents did. My mom and step-dad are stuck in a pre-1975 time warp. Apparently nothing good or "authentic" or "soulful" came out past that hallowed date. 30- and 4-somethings seem to feel the same way re: songs that came out after 1995.

So, 2000 - 2010 - best NEW bands/releases in the most recent decade? :)

-B.