[lbo-talk] boycott histories (was: west on obama and boycotts)

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Apr 8 17:52:49 PDT 2010

so, that was fun. ARE there any good books or articles on the history of social movements and boycotts. yes, I am very familiar with the library. I was hoping for recommendations from people who knew of them.

Also, at the meeting, when I mentioned I wasn't a fan of boycotts but that I'd go along with the group as long as the boycott was called for by _workers_, a couple of people got really upset with that argument. Others liked it though.

Carrol, you've always promoted that position, where did you get the idea from?

heh. fuckme. I'm remembering the time, way back in 1998, when Michael Yates bitched me and Chuck Grimes out for talking about drinking Gallo wine - which was a bit of a misunderstanding -- and then this big long discussion ensued where i believe Carrol called me an idiote. HA!