[lbo-talk] women can drill too

brad bauerly bbauerly at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 05:19:23 PDT 2010

Carrol wrote:
>But the part I quote below is worse than stupid, it is isgnorant of the
>structure of u.s. society.
>

> > the people beating us . . .
> > But I guess that would take something
> > more than just saying look how dumb and hickish these people are, as
> > they do things and have power in ways that you only dream of ever
> > having.

>"They" are not beatingf "us," and "they" have no power at all except as
>they are given crumbs of it by the people who are for the time being
>(and for the last couple centuries most of the time) beating us: The
>Obamas, the Clintons, the Boards of Directors of Citibank and Ford and
>Toyota, Wall Street, the usuual suspects in fact: the capitalists and
>their willing flunkies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I said something similar in the exact same message, that they were beating us because they were the distraction. I only don't understand the structure of US society in your little world where you take bits and pieces of what I say and ascribe meaning to them that I did not intend. My point was that when we poke fun at the TPers or Bush for being stupid we are aiding in the reproduction of the illusion that there are two parties representing different interests. I would just as likely step in an make a comment if people were gushing over how smart Obama was being. It has absolutely zero to do with how dumb Palin is or how smart Obama is. That was my whole point: it is not about individuals and we shouldn't confuse personalities with political positions. To do so is to fall into the game, no matter how much it make us feel better (which is kinda how the right uses the lefts egos to further its own interests). I guess this is overly manly or workerist from shag's point of view. I still have no idea why.

Brad