[lbo-talk] NCLB bites the University?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Apr 12 18:38:51 PDT 2010

On Apr 12, 2010, at 8:55 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> The following was distributed on the English Department e-list
> today. I
> haven't explored it further or checked the website referred to, but it
> seems as though Universities may be asked to prepare teachers to
> conform
> to the No Child Left Behind. It may be of interest to college teachers
> on the list.

I've posted my interview with Diane Ravitch - podcast subscribers can get it now, but I won't get to the web page update until tomorrow. I'll just say this: Obama is making NCLB worse with his "Race to the Top."

Someone who teaches at a CUNY community college told me yesterday that a version of NCLB is being imposed on the community colleges in New York. Don't know what's happening in other states, but I'm guessing it's pretty much the same.

The road to fucking perdition.

Doug