[lbo-talk] NCLB bites the University?

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 17:36:15 PDT 2010

Somebody writes:

"It's similar to the health care debate, where we refused to engage with the best practices abroad, but here it's even more egregious because there's a widespread acceptance that our educational system *isn't* the best in the world."

Not quite. Schools in the burbs and private schools are not affected as much. Those mostly deeply affected are poor, have no sense of entitlement, and often very little education. They might even think that "tough standards" is a good thing for their kids.

Joanna