[lbo-talk] another TP poll: still whiter, righter, more

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Apr 15 12:01:36 PDT 2010

At 04:08 PM 4/14/2010, brad bauerly wrote:
>John Gulick writes:
> >We must debunk the idea that these odious sorts can be peeled off to the
> left with a populist appeal. "Left-wing" populism is dangerous stuff
> anyway. It can so easily >transmogrify into its right-wing cousin.
> "Left-wing" populism is one (and there are many) curses of the American left.
>
>That won't be hard to debunk, I have never heard or read anyone say
>that they should do such a thing. Have you? Who, where?

Code Pink. you just posted about their stunt: go out there and talk with your conservative friends and family members and build common ground over opposition to war and military spending.

As Doug said, fat chance.

also, I was just discussing this issue with a commie-pinko friend. He told me that, as a CPUSAer, he had been totally into going after these people - until he figured out that he got nowhere with them. Now he's all about "peeling" off the very people Carrol always talks about: they kinda sorta already get it, they're just looking for the words and theories to help them understand. Yeah: about, what?, 2-3% of the population. works for me.

shag