[lbo-talk] Thoughts on the Tea Party

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:23:12 PDT 2010

I think you are giving too much credit to sociology to be a non-ideologically driven 'science', shag, and too little credit to me to be just inquisitive. Sure my theoretical understanding of the world - materialist - informs my curiosity, but I also generally think nobody here really has the TP quite correct yet ('correct' is a toughy to pin point, I know). I don't think I am rooting for the home team (as if these are my peeps). I just think SA is wrong on his analysis of the data that we have so far. Others once claimed that they were all petty b's, but now just call them well off. I have no idea what you think. Maybe the whole thing is a big waste of time, as Shane said. I of course, disagree (I know how strange of me to do that).

Brad