[lbo-talk] Thoughts on the Tea Party

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 04:43:00 PDT 2010

1) in quantitative methods classes around the world the following argument is universally made: garbage in, garbage out. I know people who have spent their whole careers trying to understand agriculture on the basis of the staggeringly incomplete, misconceived and internally contradictory USDA ag production data seeking the correct understanding... it doesn't all come out in the wash there or here. 2) you just couldn't post without that first and last sentence could you?... because you're not interesting in establishing your superiority, greater interest in correctness or intentions to make friends or piss people off... you're about truth, not friends, being correct, not pissing people off, and all the while clearly expressing your elite status here all the while calling us elitists... nice, good luck organizing people with that technique as your MO. 3) I was in the process of writing another not-pissy or snide response to something else when you sent this, what's the point. Good luck with your truthy hopiness.