[lbo-talk] TX gov. blasts coyote with laser-guided .380 Ruger

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Apr 28 14:20:05 PDT 2010

Alan Rudy asks:

> Do you jog with a snake shooting gun?

I don't jog.

> or know anyone else who does?

That's supposed to be a compelling argument?

> I don't but I live in no-snakeville mid-Michigan ...

Sounds like you've made the right choice, then.

> I don't know if there
> are rattlers or other dangerous snakes in Austin, thus my question.

I missed your question; I saw your statements ("idiocy" "stupid"), though.

> How does carrying a gun in this instance stop you from getting bit by
> a snake you stepped on or a fast one that gotcha?

Of course it doesn't in all cases, though we're not talking about that right now. In this case, which we are talking about, as it happens, a coyote attacked his dog. And he defended his dog against the coyote. At least that's what he says. Maybe he's an idiot, heck I don't know. But it doesn't seem to me that you've made the case; in fact, I can't even tell what case you're trying to make.

*shrug*

> Is it that you like the idea of shooting snakes or that you
> want to defend the Gov. or that you know something I don't
> that's at root here.

I'm with Dwayne: if a snake goes to bite you, shooting it seems like a good idea. And much as I think dogs are stupid, if I had one and a coyote attacked it, I might want to shoot the coyote.

Hey, you started it.

/jordan