[lbo-talk] TX gov. blasts coyote with laser-guided .380 Ruger

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Wed Apr 28 15:39:54 PDT 2010

On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:25 AM, B. wrote:

> [So the embarrassing-to-my-state Gov. Rock Perry packs a laser-guided pistol during his routine jogs, huh? That's nice. He took out a coyote on his latest run. -B.]

On his re-election website this is the first message (above the fold). A purely political maneuver would be my guess. (Or bullshit, as someone else opined)

"Wed, 04/28/2010 - 2:16pm — wfranklin Governor Perry, endorsed by the National Rifle Association and Texas State Rifle Association, is no stranger to firearms. He has his CHL (Concealed Handgun License) and often visits firing ranges to hone his skills. As Governor, Rick Perry signed the "castle doctrine," a bill that gives Texans a stronger legal right to defend themselves in their homes, cars and workplaces. Governor Perry's record on protecting the Second Amendment stands in stark contrast to his opponent's. Fox News reported on Governor Perry's now-famous encounter with a coyote out on the running trail:"