[lbo-talk] Tea Partiers: A paleocon perspective

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 29 12:41:24 PDT 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> In general, though, I think he's right that a majority of the
> Tea Party's liberal/left opponents actually have more in common with
> it,
> than it does with the "states' rights" caricature they draw of it.

Maybe, if you leave aside things like social spending and financial and environmental regulation. And it's just not true that the TPers don't care about the federal debt. They're obsessed by it. And a lot of the liberal anti-TPers are no fans of the American empire, even if some of the Dems they habitually vote for are.

Doug