[lbo-talk] Tea Partiers

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Apr 30 09:22:30 PDT 2010

what a fucktarded essay. in the first place, clinton was writing on the anniversary of the bombing of the OK federal building. The point was that McVeigh was driven to blow up that building, in part due to rancorous political conflicts at the time. He points at today's rancourous conflicts asking "the left" to take care with what they say lest they set of someone like McVeigh.

He hardly characterized the TP as "delirous" and "unhinged" and instead argued that among among us, there were people who were "serious" and "connected" as well as "delirious" and "unhinged". http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/19/opinion/19clinton.html

And, even if he did call them all unhinged and delirious - and never suggested there were "serious" and "connected" folks among them - that is hardly an indication of snobbery. It's called political warfare in the u.s., where using logical fallacies against an opponent is perfectly normal and an excellent idea. Calling them fucknutted jackoffs or whatever else comes to mind just means: "I disagree with your fucking politics, but we are in such huge disagreement that it's a waste of my time to engage. Furthermore, I think your politics are so reprehensible I feel ZERO need to engage in some ritual of deference and demeanor while I pretend to respect your ideas. Sorry dewds, line in the sand: some ideas and ideologies ARE the mortal enemy of mine. Ta!"

But anything to parade around an identity politics which advances the normal average white guy as an embattled identity oppressed by the elitist left.