[lbo-talk] Thatcherism

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 30 11:09:05 PDT 2010

At 08:59 PM 4/29/2010, shag carpet bomb wrote:

>queer theory and a queer militancy based on the concept of a fluid
>sexual/gender identity was born in the 1980s, in reaction to the
>rigid identity politics that too often emerged out of the gay,
>feminist, and civil rights struggles.

And music helped. This is Ultravox from 1977. You can hear it on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM7DKBdzWQA

My sex Waits for me Like a mongrel waits Downwind on a tight rope leash

My sex Is a fragile acrobat Sometimes I'm a novocaine shot Sometimes I'm an automat

My sex Is often solo Sometimes it short circuits then Sometimes it's a golden glow

My sex Is invested in Suburban photographs Skyscraper shadows on a carcrash overpass

My sex Is savage, tender It wears no future faces Owns just random gender

My sex Has a wanting wardrobe I still explore Of all the bodies I knew and those I want to know

My sex Is a spark of electro flesh Leased from the tick of time And geared for synchromesh

My sex Is an image lost in faded films A neon outline On a high-rise overspill

My sex