[lbo-talk] media

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 5 06:43:55 PDT 2010

Mark Bennett wrote:

> So I've heard. I've adapted well enough, I guess. My practice would grind
> to a halt without Westlaw, even though I learned legal research the
> traditional way (during one of my judicial clerkships my office was actually
> in the court's library). But once I've assembled my materials online, I
> have to print them out, usually in .pdf, Apparently some old dogs can only
> learn a limited number of new tricks.

I haven't been following this thread, but I think it's important to point out that _change_ as _change_ hurts. (There's some evidence that even delightful changes can temporarily goof up the immune system.) And int rying to understand conservative wackiness it is well to factor this in. Those acculturated to a given practice are not the best judges of any change in the conditons of that practice.

Carrol