[lbo-talk] The Banality of anti-Israel Lobby Doctrine

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Aug 10 14:56:56 PDT 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:40:40 -0500 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> you don't have to create the context in which it
> becomes both easy and effective to use that weapon. And that's what
> you are doing. And you are not giving one fucking bit of aid to the
> Palestinians. At best you are merely neutralizing yourselfd. At worst
> you are helping the Zionists.

This assumes that the "weapon" doesn't diminish in effectiveness with over-use. In fact there's a good case to be made that it does, and has.

I can remember when it was terribly effective, when very few people were willing to risk having it turned on them. But it's like the boy who cried wolf -- you do it too often, and people stop believing you. Isn't that what we see happening?

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org