[lbo-talk] The Banality of anti-Israel Lobby Doctrine

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 16:06:42 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

Had Joe been in B/N at the time and either wrote a letter or made a
> statement such as he's made in this thread, I would have used him as a
> fall buy, and however sure I was that he was NOT anti-semitic, I would
> have accused him in public of giving aid and comfort to Anti-Semites
> and perhaps being one himself, then have used that as a platform for
> accusing the Zionists of genocide.

What, exactly, do you imagine me to have said in this thread? Was it pointing out that Zionism is a movement and not a lobby? I am by no means a strong defender of the Mearsheimer-Walt hypothesis, but am merely pointing of the cheap and cowardly tactics of some of its opponents, while you celebrate and defend them.

> This is not a fucking academic or courtroom debate. A whole people are
> being destroyed by the Zio ists and people in the U.S. are cluttering
> the struggle with these kind of idiotic debates.

Based on what you've written here, you appear to be the foremost of these people. (Those cluttering the struggle with idiotic debates, I mean; not those being destroyed by the Zionists.)

> Think in terms of organizing and agitation, not in terms of complex
> empirical arguments which only obstruct serious politics.

What, now we're supposed to agitate and organize an online discussion list? Sorry, but I (and I imagine most) use this forum to better understand the world as it actually works. Talking points and selective messaging have their place, but it ain't here.