[lbo-talk] profits

Mark Wain wtkh at comcast.net
Thu Aug 19 22:45:32 PDT 2010

On Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:14 PM Doug Henwood wrote: Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] profits

> On Aug 18, 2010, at 7:11 PM, SA wrote:
>
>> That must mean all his ideas are really simpleminded. If there were any
>> complexity to his thought he would write like Judith Butler.
>
> Cheap shot, man. Marx isn't easy. I know a very reputable young novelist
> with excellent politics who found the first three chapters of Capital
> nearly impossible to get through.
>
> Doug

Lenin wrote (in 1914-1916):

" Aphorism: It is impossible completely to understand Marx's Capital, and es- pecially its first chapter, without having thoroughly studied and understood the whole of Hegel's Logic. Consequently, half a century later none of the Marxists understood Marx!! "

http://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1914/cons-logic/ch03.htm#LCW38_176

The young novelist may have missed the chance to get through the three chapters because he or she did not study or understand Hegel's Logic.

Mark