[lbo-talk] profits

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Aug 20 13:11:41 PDT 2010

I had forgotten this passage from Lenin. It fits in with my sense of Lenin as someone who was _essentially_ an activist, not a theorist, driven constantly to theory because he _needed_ it and the damn fools around him wouldn't or couldn't provide it! This is why to appreciate what a greate figure he was one should read his letters, his short articles responding to other revolutionariesd, etc. They exempligy what he meant by "concrete analysis of concrete conditions." At that he was a master. As a theorist he deserves at most about a B+. And those who _made_ a theorist out of him (primarily Stalin and Trotsky) royally fucked up in doing so.

Carrol