[lbo-talk] profits

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 14:04:56 PDT 2010

Interesting.

<digression topic = "religion"> Reading this, I am reminded of the analogy sometimes drawn between Paul and Lenin, and thinking about Paul's letters, which are just as you describe Lenin's here, and how we only have one somewhat systematic, extended effort from Paul, a letter to the Roman church. I've thought for a long time (I think since before Zizek went all keen on Paul) that there was little question to be asked about his organizing powers, even if one *could* ask questions about about his theorizing, and even that wasn't always bad (our friend Mr. Badiou would say it was pretty good, I think). But probably, if I had to give it a grade, B+ would be a suitable one. Of course, what the church does is turn Paul into a theorist, when in fact he was way more interested in concrete "organizing." </digression>