[lbo-talk] WikiLeaks: What is it good for?

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Aug 22 08:13:35 PDT 2010

and Carrol wrote:
> it seems to me you have said everything that needs to be said!
> Politics
> grounded in "finding secrets" isn't politcs at all. It's a parlor
> game.

So reappears the "old news" meme that the corporate media and the Obamatists trot out whenever the reality peeks through their lying propaganda smokescreen. That abstract generalizations, once uttered, dispense with the relevance of any facts at all. And any outrage about them is neutered with the magic shears of the phrase "conspiracy theory." The Carrols of this "Left" are always there to help them by reducing the frantic efforts of the rulers to suppress evidence of their crimes--which they rightly regard as a *political* necessity-- and the heroic efforts of a few to make them public, to the level of a "parlor game."

The political stupidity of those "leftists" is obvious. But what is morally most objectionable in all this is that every single Afghan or Iraqi murdered by the occupation troops and mercenaries was an individual human being whose corpse has been tossed into our gas ovens labeled "enemy combatant" and "collateral damage." Every act of "whistleblowing" revealing an individual crime, an individual act of corruption, an individual coverup, is a morally necessary restoration of public dignity to the victims. Heroic both politically and morally. Worthy of vigorous defense, not the sneers of a Carrol.

Shane Mage

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)