[lbo-talk] letter to editor

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 10:53:30 PDT 2010

Eric, you seem to be having a rather simplistic view of the matter. There are always dissident groups around, shouting their messages to the powers that be. But at some poit of in time, that message is being drowned by the reactionary noise machine, and sometimes they are being handed the microphone.

We have more per capita dissidents of various stripes today than in the sixties, yet the voices of these dissidents are drowned by the conservative noise machine, the Faux news, the Glen Becks, right wing bloggers etc. In the sixties, the hippies & co were few and far between, but their presence was amplified by the main stream media.

The managers of the US empire have the capacity to squish any internal dissent and be back for dinner on the same day. Just think of the Battle of Blair Mountain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain. The sixities hippies & co were schoolboys comparing to these guys. And what happened? The Empire struck back and won hands down.

The only time when internal dissidents have any say is when the managers of the empire invite them to the table, and they do it only when they feel threatened by external forces.

Wojtek