[lbo-talk] letter to editor

Ricky Page rfpage2008 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 12:42:54 PDT 2010

I think Wojtek is right again the fact is the American Left has been a non-issue since 1919, with the SPA use of police to split the left (Communist) from the Party. Until we American leftist return to the sense of leftist unity, and re-group, we will be irrelevant. As for the 1960's, the fact that the US was the leading Imperialist power, it could not afford to alianate the emerging "Third World" by using police-state tactics (as it did on previous civil right s and labor movement). Nonetheless, the history of the past twenty-years, with its neo-liberalism and regression of social rights supports my and Wojeks arguement.

________________________________ From: Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wed, August 25, 2010 2:36:12 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] letter to editor

Eric: "our "invitation to the table" remark indicates you think it is all a matter of citizenship, recognition, and propriety."

[WS:] Where did I say that?  My point was that it is the power struggle, but not the kind that involves only a bunch of yahoos smashing windows with sticks and stones.

Wojtek