[lbo-talk] tea party numbers

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Tue Aug 31 18:32:08 PDT 2010

This figure is about 25% of the other counts. Bad data. Bad analysis.

But what matters is how the roughly 270,000 are being mobilized into a get out the vote campaign for Republicans.

Check out he Gallup poll on falling Dem ratings. Check out the % of Americans who think Tea Party people know more about public policy than their elected officials. Check out the Christian Right scheduling multiple events nationwide before November.

Then keep up the fantasy that it is all astroturf.

Surf the apocalypse!

-Chip

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Dennis Claxton Sent: Tue 8/31/2010 8:54 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] tea party numbers

I was just looking for estimates of how many tea partyers there are and found this at Patchwork Nation:

http://patchworknation.csmonitor.com/csmstaff/2010/0421/tea-party-how-big-is-it-and-where-is-it-based/

Even if the 67,000 or so members we have identified overall understates the number of tea party members by a factor of 10, the number would still be fairly small in relation to the electorate as a whole.