[lbo-talk] US workers in 2010 as compared to German workers in the1930s

Mark Wain wtkh at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 18:51:15 PDT 2010

It is strange, to say the least, that mentioning contrast, or differences in opinions, between masses and Marxists is red-baiting. One may come originally from the masses, but due to a variety of different reasons, one has, nevertheless, changed so much from the masses and divorced from them at a later stage. This happens all the time, especially when Marxists have learned too much about theories and failed to update them and make concrete analysis according to ever-changing places, times of period and other concrete situations. My suggestion to all on the elist ( not elite, :-)) is that let us learn from the masses at the same time when we study theory; their knowledge is precious for us to raise our theoretical knowledge level.

Revolutionary practice means to transform one's subjective thoughts through participation in the transformation of the objective world.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:26 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] US workers in 2010 as compared to German workers in the1930s