[lbo-talk] Protests being planned around the world in support of WikiLeaks` Julian Assange

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 08:29:22 PST 2010

Re: "Protests being planned around the world in support of WikiLeaks` Julian Assange"

[WS:} I wonder what the impact (if any) of the Wikileaks affair will be on the development of class consciousness of computer geeks? Will they realize that all that cherished "internet freedom" is merely a privilege extended to them by the corporate-imperial state and can be revoked at will, international boundaries notwithstanding? Will they realize that no matter how smart they are they are still subjected to the imperial rule just as any other grunt toiling in the corporate global factory?

"Freedom is merely privilege extended, Unless enjoyed by one and all." (Billy Bragg's version of The Internationale, which btw is in my music collection)

Wojtek