[lbo-talk] Julian Assange arrested in London

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 02:53:25 PST 2010

It strikes me that it's sort of similar to what sometimes happens in statutory rape cases. A law is technically broken, but the "victim" didn't feel victimised at the time. Then her daddy finds out about it and decides to press charges because he doesn't like the guy. Whether or not she goes along with the prosecution depends on what's happened in the relationship since.