[lbo-talk] Julian Assange arrested in London

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Thu Dec 9 04:43:59 PST 2010

On Dec 9, 2010, at 5:53 AM, Wendy Lyon wrote:

> It strikes me that it's sort of similar to what sometimes happens in
> statutory rape cases. A law is technically broken, but the "victim"
> didn't feel victimised at the time. Then her daddy finds out about it
> and decides to press charges because he doesn't like the guy. Whether
> or not she goes along with the prosecution depends on what's happened
> in the relationship since.

I have no idea what type of blog "Crikey," is but this link is what's flying around Twitter this morning on the subject:

Assange accuser may have ceased co-operating by Guy Rundle

<http://www.crikey.com.au/2010/12/09/rundle-r-pe-case-complainant-has-left-sweden-may-have-ceased-co-operating/>

Best, C.